Thursday, April 19, 2012

fit and flare

Lately I've been searching for lovely casual cocktail dresses- I'm trying to be proactive for the multiple weddings and special occasions I have coming up soon (like my brother's graduation and my white coat ceremony!). Until recently, I've been sorely disappointed with my options. It seemed like I just couldn't find a thing that I was excited about. Just when I thought I couldn't stand the sight of one more bland silhouette or pattern, I found just what I'd been looking for. Enter the fit-and-flare dress. The shape is sweet, flattering, and a little bit retro. The option below updates the silhouette with an of-the-moment pastel color and smart cutouts. When I saw it online, I ordered it immediately and am happy to say was completely delighted with the fit and entire look when it arrived.


And here are a few others I found. Once I started searching for this type of dress, I realized many websites, like Nordstrom and Piperlime, have entire sections devoted to them. With all these pretty options around, I wouldn't mind starting a fit-and-flare collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment

let's hear it

Email me at helloobsession2012@gmail.com if you've got something to say!