Monday, April 30, 2012

easy does it

The other day I wanted to whip up a batch of brownies that were a bit more special than the boxed variety while still being just as easy. My solution? Embellishing. I started with a boxed mix (my favorite is Betty Crocker's Fudge Brownies) and prepared it according to the directions on the package. Then I poured half the batter into my pan and topped it with toffee bits, broken-up chocolate bars, and caramel pieces before pouring the other half of the batter on top. I popped them in the oven, baking them for a couple more minutes than I usually do. When the brownies came out, they were a hit, and I don't think anyone cared that they were less than homemade.

 {topped and ready for the second half of the batter}

{fresh out of the oven}

No comments:

Post a Comment

let's hear it

Email me at helloobsession2012@gmail.com if you've got something to say!