Wednesday, January 04, 2012

cleanse

In lieu of resolutions this year, I decided to ring in 2012 with a two-week detox. I thought it would be the perfect way to feel better after all the holiday junk food I ate and have a fresh start to the year. I found a great cleanse in Whole Living magazine (you can view the web version here) and condensed it a bit because I'm going out of town next weekend. Frankly, I don't have the willpower or desire to detox while on vacation.
Actually, I'm learning, I may not have the willpower or desire to detox at home either. Today is day 4 of the cleanse, and it's been a difficult one. The novelty of the super-healthy meals has worn off, and I'm running out of smoothie ingredients. I could have sworn I smelled cheeseburgers at the gym. I consider myself to be a pretty healthy eater normally, but I appreciate an occasional indulgence. Indulgences are not included in a cleanse. Bummer.
On the upside, the magazine included lots of really delicious recipes that I think I'll continue to make after I'm done detoxing. And despite my yearning for foods I'm not supposed to eat, I don't feel hungry all day or anything. I know that if I keep going, my cravings will decrease and I will feel great by the end of this. I've got to keep at it- so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

let's hear it

Email me at helloobsession2012@gmail.com if you've got something to say!